ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted.
The victim, 37, told police a 30-year-old Hispanic man assaulted him with a deadly weapon. The incident happened in the 1800 block of Roosevelt Street on Monday.
The suspect fled before police arrived, according to a police report.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. He received injuries to his ankle and chest.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking