ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted.
The victim, 37, told police a 30-year-old Hispanic man assaulted him with a deadly weapon. The incident happened in the 1800 block of Roosevelt Street on Monday.
The suspect fled before police arrived, according to a police report.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. He received injuries to his ankle and chest.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated