ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted.
The victim, 37, told police a 30-year-old Hispanic man assaulted him with a deadly weapon. The incident happened in the 1800 block of Roosevelt Street on Monday.
The suspect fled before police arrived, according to a police report.
The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. He received injuries to his ankle and chest.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget