ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for the April murder of 58-year-old Willie Anderson.
Anderson was found dead inside his home on Bickley Street April 8 and, according to court records, 35-year-old Ricky White killed Anderson by kicking him in the head several times.
White was living in Anderson's home at the time and White allegedly told police he was trying to defend himself after Anderson had attempted to stab him during an argument. Police said that story did not line up with what they saw at the crime scene.
A woman who talked to White on the phone the day of the murder told police she could hear someone aspirating in the background of the phone call and that White told her to listen to the sound. She also said she heard White tell Anderson that Anderson was dying.
As of Friday, White remains in the Taylor County Jail on $250,000 bond.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend