ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly raping a teenage girl.
Julian Solis, 26, was arrested in March. The 16-year-old victim told police Solis had allegedly picked her up in his car and took her to a shed to rape her.
The victim helped police locate the home in front of the shed. The home belonged to Solis' mother, who told police she had let him spend a few nights in the shed.
Police said the victim identified Solis in a photo lineup. A Taylor County grand jury indicted him for the sexual assault of a child Thursday. He is currently in jail on $15,000 total bond for the charge and for a third degree felony driving while intoxicated with prior convictions charge.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program