ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly raping a teenage girl.
Julian Solis, 26, was arrested in March. The 16-year-old victim told police Solis had allegedly picked her up in his car and took her to a shed to rape her.
The victim helped police locate the home in front of the shed. The home belonged to Solis' mother, who told police she had let him spend a few nights in the shed.
Police said the victim identified Solis in a photo lineup. A Taylor County grand jury indicted him for the sexual assault of a child Thursday. He is currently in jail on $15,000 total bond for the charge and for a third degree felony driving while intoxicated with prior convictions charge.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot