ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly raping a teenage girl.
Julian Solis, 26, was arrested in March. The 16-year-old victim told police Solis had allegedly picked her up in his car and took her to a shed to rape her.
The victim helped police locate the home in front of the shed. The home belonged to Solis' mother, who told police she had let him spend a few nights in the shed.
Police said the victim identified Solis in a photo lineup. A Taylor County grand jury indicted him for the sexual assault of a child Thursday. He is currently in jail on $15,000 total bond for the charge and for a third degree felony driving while intoxicated with prior convictions charge.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer