ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for allegedly raping a teenage girl.
Julian Solis, 26, was arrested in March. The 16-year-old victim told police Solis had allegedly picked her up in his car and took her to a shed to rape her.
The victim helped police locate the home in front of the shed. The home belonged to Solis' mother, who told police she had let him spend a few nights in the shed.
Police said the victim identified Solis in a photo lineup. A Taylor County grand jury indicted him for the sexual assault of a child Thursday. He is currently in jail on $15,000 total bond for the charge and for a third degree felony driving while intoxicated with prior convictions charge.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic