ABILENE, Texas - A registered sex offender was indicted Thursday for allegedly recording video of a teenage girl in public without her permission.
Mario Siller, 35, was arrested in May on a felony improper photography charge.
According to court documents, the victim's mother allegedly caught Siller using his cell phone to record her 15-year-old daughter's backside at an Abilene Walmart.
She said she later saw him drive by a snow cone stand that she and her daughter were at and she feared he was following them.
Police executed a search warrant at Siller's home and seized several cell phones. They said he allegedly admitted to recording video of the victim.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery