ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man accused of trying to kidnap and rape a woman has been indicted.
Lafette Battee, 26, was indicted after being arrested in December for driving without a license.
After police arrested Battee, they suspected he was responsible for an aggravated kidnapping from the day before.
The female victim told police he tried to rape her and that she tried to get away several times.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance