ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man accused of trying to kidnap and rape a woman has been indicted.
Lafette Battee, 26, was indicted after being arrested in December for driving without a license.
After police arrested Battee, they suspected he was responsible for an aggravated kidnapping from the day before.
The female victim told police he tried to rape her and that she tried to get away several times.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk