ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man accused of trying to kidnap and rape a woman has been indicted.
Lafette Battee, 26, was indicted after being arrested in December for driving without a license.
After police arrested Battee, they suspected he was responsible for an aggravated kidnapping from the day before.
The female victim told police he tried to rape her and that she tried to get away several times.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide