BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Brown County grand jury indicted an Abilene man after he reportedly lead authorities on a high speed chase through two counties.
Jared South, 27, was indicted in July for evading arrest. According to law enforcement, South lead officers on a chase through Bangs, Brownwood, and Brady in April.
Officials said South drove more than 100 mph on Commerce Street in Brownwood.
South was stopped in Brady after police threw spikes on the roadway.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department, Brownwood Police, Bangs Police, and the Department of Public Safety were all involved in the chase.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer