BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Brown County grand jury indicted an Abilene man after he reportedly lead authorities on a high speed chase through two counties.
Jared South, 27, was indicted in July for evading arrest. According to law enforcement, South lead officers on a chase through Bangs, Brownwood, and Brady in April.
Officials said South drove more than 100 mph on Commerce Street in Brownwood.
South was stopped in Brady after police threw spikes on the roadway.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department, Brownwood Police, Bangs Police, and the Department of Public Safety were all involved in the chase.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run