BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Brown County grand jury indicted an Abilene man after he reportedly lead authorities on a high speed chase through two counties.
Jared South, 27, was indicted in July for evading arrest. According to law enforcement, South lead officers on a chase through Bangs, Brownwood, and Brady in April.
Officials said South drove more than 100 mph on Commerce Street in Brownwood.
South was stopped in Brady after police threw spikes on the roadway.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department, Brownwood Police, Bangs Police, and the Department of Public Safety were all involved in the chase.
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor
- Updated Recent deaths of kids in hot cars prompts pleas to parents
- Updated Convicted Brownwood child sex assault offender back in jail