BROWN COUNTY, Texas - A Brown County grand jury indicted an Abilene man after he reportedly lead authorities on a high speed chase through two counties.
Jared South, 27, was indicted in July for evading arrest. According to law enforcement, South lead officers on a chase through Bangs, Brownwood, and Brady in April.
Officials said South drove more than 100 mph on Commerce Street in Brownwood.
South was stopped in Brady after police threw spikes on the roadway.
The Brown County Sheriff's Department, Brownwood Police, Bangs Police, and the Department of Public Safety were all involved in the chase.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend