ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted on a murder charge Thursday in connection to the beating death of 47-year-old Lance Nickels.
Michael Crowley, 24, allegedly punched Nickels in the head several times Jan. 30 and witnesses told police Crowley continued to assault Nickels even after Nickels was rendered unconscious. Nickels succumbed to his injuries Feb. 4.
According to court documents, Crowley admitted to the assault. A Taylor County grand jury indicted him Thursday.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run