ABILENE, Texas - A 37-year-old Abilene man was indicted Thursday by a Taylor County grand jury on three counts of aggravated robbery.
According to court records, Rory Linn Hunt allegedly robbed three different gas station clerks at three different locations with a knife on April 18, May 14, and May 16. In each instance, authorities say Hunt came into the gas station demanding the clerk open the cash register and give him the money. Allegedly, during the incident May 16, Hunt was able to take $250 out of the cash register.
Official documents state that photos and video evidence were used to identify Hunt. Police say he gave a voluntary confession describing exactly how it happened, additionally admitting that he had robbed another convenience store on a different date.
According to court documents, Hunt "committed theft with intent and exhibited a deadly weapon meant to cause injury." Hunt was charged with three counts of first degree felony aggravated robbery and a second count of robbery. Hunt had a previous robbery conviction from December 2007.
Hunt is being held at the Taylor County Jail on previous charges with bonds totaling $125,500.
- Updated 2 held in shooting death of North Texas boy, 5, brother hurt
- 17.3 MILLION: Ikea recalls dressers again after death of 8th child
- Updated Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Texas sheriff added to woman's crude anti-Trump truck decal
- Donors step up for Abilene Salvation Army ahead of Thanksgiving
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down