ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is on trial – facing several charges – in connection to a high-speed chase that injured a woman.
Dale Davis, 31, was arrested in January 2013. According to court documents, his female passenger feared for her life during the chase and jumped out of Davis' car to escape. She received a head injury and had to get stitches.
Police said Davis did not stop to check on his passenger. He allegedly threw a gun out of his window during the high-speed chase.
Davis is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest, aggravated assault and accident involving injury.
His case is being heard in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon