ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is on trial – facing several charges – in connection to a high-speed chase that injured a woman.
Dale Davis, 31, was arrested in January 2013. According to court documents, his female passenger feared for her life during the chase and jumped out of Davis' car to escape. She received a head injury and had to get stitches.
Police said Davis did not stop to check on his passenger. He allegedly threw a gun out of his window during the high-speed chase.
Davis is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest, aggravated assault and accident involving injury.
His case is being heard in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton.
- Updated 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Updated Oakland fire kills at least 9 at warehouse party, fire chief says
- Dyess Air Force Base unveils Wall of Honor
- Updated Abilene church raises money for Kenyan orphans
- McMurry University hosts annual high school debates
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children