ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is on trial – facing several charges – in connection to a high-speed chase that injured a woman.
Dale Davis, 31, was arrested in January 2013. According to court documents, his female passenger feared for her life during the chase and jumped out of Davis' car to escape. She received a head injury and had to get stitches.
Police said Davis did not stop to check on his passenger. He allegedly threw a gun out of his window during the high-speed chase.
Davis is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, evading arrest, aggravated assault and accident involving injury.
His case is being heard in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer