ABILENE, Texas - A man accused of catching a vacant building on fire while drunk will not go to jail as long as he stays out of trouble.
In December of 2013, Michael Toon, 33, had been staying in a shed on Butternut with another man.
Toon told police the two got drunk one night and started a fire in a vacant building next door to the shed. He said the fire was ignited as part of an effort to stay warm.
On Friday, Toon plead guilty to arson and received a four-year suspended jail term.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations