ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 13 years in prison Thursday following an aggravated robbery conviction.
Javier Abila, 18, and three others reportedly held several people at gunpoint inside a home on Alameda Street in April and demanded money.
A Taylor County jury found Abila guilty Wednesday in 104th District Court. The sentencing phase began Thursday. Abila faced up to life in prison but was sentenced to 13 years in prison with a $10,000 fine.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9