ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 13 years in prison Thursday following an aggravated robbery conviction.
Javier Abila, 18, and three others reportedly held several people at gunpoint inside a home on Alameda Street in April and demanded money.
A Taylor County jury found Abila guilty Wednesday in 104th District Court. The sentencing phase began Thursday. Abila faced up to life in prison but was sentenced to 13 years in prison with a $10,000 fine.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit