ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 13 years in prison Thursday following an aggravated robbery conviction.
Javier Abila, 18, and three others reportedly held several people at gunpoint inside a home on Alameda Street in April and demanded money.
A Taylor County jury found Abila guilty Wednesday in 104th District Court. The sentencing phase began Thursday. Abila faced up to life in prison but was sentenced to 13 years in prison with a $10,000 fine.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday