ABILENE, Texas - A Taylor County jury sentenced a 34-year-old Abilene man to life without possibility of parole on Thursday.
Ronald Edgar Lee was found guilty of continuous sexual assault of a child by a jury on Wednesday.
According to police reports, Lee was arrested on charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child in August of 2013 after a girl told police she had been sexually assaulted. She was nine years old at the time of the assault.
Lee had remained in Taylor County Jail. His bond had been set at $100,000.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay