ABILENE, Texas - A Taylor County jury sentenced a 34-year-old Abilene man to life without possibility of parole on Thursday.
Ronald Edgar Lee was found guilty of continuous sexual assault of a child by a jury on Wednesday.
According to police reports, Lee was arrested on charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child in August of 2013 after a girl told police she had been sexually assaulted. She was nine years old at the time of the assault.
Lee had remained in Taylor County Jail. His bond had been set at $100,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated