ABILENE, Texas - A Taylor County jury sentenced a 34-year-old Abilene man to life without possibility of parole on Thursday.
Ronald Edgar Lee was found guilty of continuous sexual assault of a child by a jury on Wednesday.
According to police reports, Lee was arrested on charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child in August of 2013 after a girl told police she had been sexually assaulted. She was nine years old at the time of the assault.
Lee had remained in Taylor County Jail. His bond had been set at $100,000.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend