ABILENE, Texas - A convicted felon is behind bars again after he allegedly fought with Abilene police officers and assaulted one of his family members.
Officers were called to 42-year-old Edwardo Silva's home on Jeanette Street around 1 a.m. Saturday. They were told Silva had a gun and officers said he would not cooperate with them.
Police said they had to force their way inside the home and Silva allegedly fought with them and had a weapon within his reach. Police used a stun gun to detain him.
An investigation revealed Silva allegedly assaulted one of his family members. He is charged with third-degree felony possession of a firearm by a felon, class A assault/family violence and class A resisting arrest.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck