ABILENE, Texas - A convicted felon is behind bars again after he allegedly fought with Abilene police officers and assaulted one of his family members.
Officers were called to 42-year-old Edwardo Silva's home on Jeanette Street around 1 a.m. Saturday. They were told Silva had a gun and officers said he would not cooperate with them.
Police said they had to force their way inside the home and Silva allegedly fought with them and had a weapon within his reach. Police used a stun gun to detain him.
An investigation revealed Silva allegedly assaulted one of his family members. He is charged with third-degree felony possession of a firearm by a felon, class A assault/family violence and class A resisting arrest.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash