ABILENE, Texas - A convicted felon is behind bars again after he allegedly fought with Abilene police officers and assaulted one of his family members.
Officers were called to 42-year-old Edwardo Silva's home on Jeanette Street around 1 a.m. Saturday. They were told Silva had a gun and officers said he would not cooperate with them.
Police said they had to force their way inside the home and Silva allegedly fought with them and had a weapon within his reach. Police used a stun gun to detain him.
An investigation revealed Silva allegedly assaulted one of his family members. He is charged with third-degree felony possession of a firearm by a felon, class A assault/family violence and class A resisting arrest.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash