ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Sunday night after attempting to flee police during a traffic stop.
According to an Abilene police report, an officer pulled over a car in which Simon Gonzales Aguero, 28, was a passenger on North 1st St. He reportedly identified himself as Paul Aguero.
Police found several warrants for a Paul Aguero.
Aguero was taken into custody, the report said. That's when police say he took off running toward the train tracks. Police caught him before he was able to reach the tracks.
During a search of Aguero, police found his correct ID. Police said he admitted to being Simon Aguero on the way to the Taylor County Jail.
Aguero was arrested and charged with a parole violation, third degree felony escape and failure to identify as a fugitive. He had additional warrants for failure to maintain financial responsibility, leaving the scene of an accident and unsafe starting from park, stop, or standing position.
Aguero is being held at the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $13,065.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family