ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Sunday night after attempting to flee police during a traffic stop.
According to an Abilene police report, an officer pulled over a car in which Simon Gonzales Aguero, 28, was a passenger on North 1st St. He reportedly identified himself as Paul Aguero.
Police found several warrants for a Paul Aguero.
Aguero was taken into custody, the report said. That's when police say he took off running toward the train tracks. Police caught him before he was able to reach the tracks.
During a search of Aguero, police found his correct ID. Police said he admitted to being Simon Aguero on the way to the Taylor County Jail.
Aguero was arrested and charged with a parole violation, third degree felony escape and failure to identify as a fugitive. He had additional warrants for failure to maintain financial responsibility, leaving the scene of an accident and unsafe starting from park, stop, or standing position.
Aguero is being held at the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $13,065.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated