ABILENE, Texas - On the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, 94-year-old Clifford Talbott of Abilene is remembering the fateful day he landed on Utah Beach with his 90th Army Division.
Talbott was honored Friday by the French government at a service on the battleship Texas in La Porte.
Talbott and 33 others received the medal of Knight in the French Order of the Legion of Honor for their service helping to liberate France and Europe from Nazi domination.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated