ABILENE, Texas - On the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, 94-year-old Clifford Talbott of Abilene is remembering the fateful day he landed on Utah Beach with his 90th Army Division.
Talbott was honored Friday by the French government at a service on the battleship Texas in La Porte.
Talbott and 33 others received the medal of Knight in the French Order of the Legion of Honor for their service helping to liberate France and Europe from Nazi domination.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account