ABILENE, Texas - On the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, 94-year-old Clifford Talbott of Abilene is remembering the fateful day he landed on Utah Beach with his 90th Army Division.
Talbott was honored Friday by the French government at a service on the battleship Texas in La Porte.
Talbott and 33 others received the medal of Knight in the French Order of the Legion of Honor for their service helping to liberate France and Europe from Nazi domination.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit