ABILENE, Texas - Big Country residents are being invited to clean out their medicine cabinets at the Abilene Medication Cleanout at the Texas Tech University Health Center on Saturday, October 4.
Medical professionals recommend that all expired and unused medications be destroyed to avoid poisoning young children, misuse by others, or just confusion.
The cleanout will be at the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center's School of Pharmacy located at 1718 Pine Street and will go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You can bring your medication to the cleanout and it will be properly disposed of, no questions asked. Volunteers also ask that you bring your medication in its original packaging if possible.
All personal information will be blacked out after the medication is collected.
Oxygen tanks, IV fluid bags, or other medical equipment will not be accepted.
The Abilene Medication Cleanout is organized and operated by the combined efforts of Hendrick Health System, Texas Tech Sciences Center's School of Pharmacy, the Abilene Police Department, and the Texas Panhandle Poison Center.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide