ABILENE, Texas - Two men were arrested Thursday after police said they were caught with drugs in north Abilene.
Frank Esparza, 18, and Jose Contreras, 33, were passengers in a car pulled over on a traffic stop on Hickory Street. According to police, Contreras had more than 21 grams of marijuana and nearly four grams of methamphetamine with him. Esparza allegedly had nearly 27 grams of marijuana.
As of Saturday, Contreras remains in the Taylor County Jail on $17,000 total bond for additional charges.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash