ABILENE, Texas - Two men were arrested Thursday after police said they were caught with drugs in north Abilene.
Frank Esparza, 18, and Jose Contreras, 33, were passengers in a car pulled over on a traffic stop on Hickory Street. According to police, Contreras had more than 21 grams of marijuana and nearly four grams of methamphetamine with him. Esparza allegedly had nearly 27 grams of marijuana.
As of Saturday, Contreras remains in the Taylor County Jail on $17,000 total bond for additional charges.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching