ABILENE, Texas - Two men were arrested Thursday after police said they were caught with drugs in north Abilene.
Frank Esparza, 18, and Jose Contreras, 33, were passengers in a car pulled over on a traffic stop on Hickory Street. According to police, Contreras had more than 21 grams of marijuana and nearly four grams of methamphetamine with him. Esparza allegedly had nearly 27 grams of marijuana.
As of Saturday, Contreras remains in the Taylor County Jail on $17,000 total bond for additional charges.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued