ABILENE, Texas - Two men were arrested Thursday after police said they were caught with drugs in north Abilene.
Frank Esparza, 18, and Jose Contreras, 33, were passengers in a car pulled over on a traffic stop on Hickory Street. According to police, Contreras had more than 21 grams of marijuana and nearly four grams of methamphetamine with him. Esparza allegedly had nearly 27 grams of marijuana.
As of Saturday, Contreras remains in the Taylor County Jail on $17,000 total bond for additional charges.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera