ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was indicted Thursday for allegedly exposing her child to methamphetamine.
According to police, the 2-year-old son of 32-year-old Lori Paredez was exposed to the drug in 2013. Paredez allegedly admitted to police that she sometimes smoked meth inside her home where her child also resides; however, she said she did not do so around her son.
According to court documents, a hair follicle test showed the toddler had been exposed to meth. Although Paredez denied smoking around her child, she allegedly told police nobody else would have been able to smoke around her son.
A Taylor County jury indicted her on an injury to a child charge Thursday.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson