ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was sentenced to two years in prison Thursday for selling her newborn to another woman for $2,000.
According to court records, 30-year-old Joanna Delacruz sold her baby to 29-year-old Marilu Munoz after the baby was born in September 2011.
Police officers said she admitted to the sale and also to using Munoz's name and personal information to apply for Medicaid benefits. According to police, Delacruz went straight to Munoz's home after she was discharged from the hospital and told her "here, the baby is yours."
Munoz is currently serving probation after she was sentenced to seven years deferred adjudication in July 2012.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth