STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A 33-year-old Abilene man was killed Tuesday in a motorcycle-car crash on US 183, about 14.5 miles south of Breckenridge.
Killed in the accident was Christopher David Ohern, who was pronounced dead at 5:39 a.m. after the accident occurred about 4:20 a.m., the Department of Public Safety said in a news release. Ohern's body was taken to Melton Funeral Home in Breckenridge.
Ohern was driving a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The driver of the second vehicle – Jacob Adam Gonzales, 26, of Abilene – was taken to Stephens County Memorial Hospital for treatment. Gonzales was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKZ.
According to a Department of Public Safety release, Gonzales' vehicle was traveling west on CR 157 and Ohern's motorcycle was traveling north on US 183 when Gonzales' vehicle failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of US 183 and CR 157. Gonzales' vehicle struck Ohern's motorcycle on the left side, the DPS release said.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck