STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A 33-year-old Abilene man was killed Tuesday in a motorcycle-car crash on US 183, about 14.5 miles south of Breckenridge.
Killed in the accident was Christopher David Ohern, who was pronounced dead at 5:39 a.m. after the accident occurred about 4:20 a.m., the Department of Public Safety said in a news release. Ohern's body was taken to Melton Funeral Home in Breckenridge.
Ohern was driving a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The driver of the second vehicle – Jacob Adam Gonzales, 26, of Abilene – was taken to Stephens County Memorial Hospital for treatment. Gonzales was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKZ.
According to a Department of Public Safety release, Gonzales' vehicle was traveling west on CR 157 and Ohern's motorcycle was traveling north on US 183 when Gonzales' vehicle failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of US 183 and CR 157. Gonzales' vehicle struck Ohern's motorcycle on the left side, the DPS release said.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene