STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A 33-year-old Abilene man was killed Tuesday in a motorcycle-car crash on US 183, about 14.5 miles south of Breckenridge.
Killed in the accident was Christopher David Ohern, who was pronounced dead at 5:39 a.m. after the accident occurred about 4:20 a.m., the Department of Public Safety said in a news release. Ohern's body was taken to Melton Funeral Home in Breckenridge.
Ohern was driving a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The driver of the second vehicle – Jacob Adam Gonzales, 26, of Abilene – was taken to Stephens County Memorial Hospital for treatment. Gonzales was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKZ.
According to a Department of Public Safety release, Gonzales' vehicle was traveling west on CR 157 and Ohern's motorcycle was traveling north on US 183 when Gonzales' vehicle failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of US 183 and CR 157. Gonzales' vehicle struck Ohern's motorcycle on the left side, the DPS release said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated