STEPHENS COUNTY, Texas - A 33-year-old Abilene man was killed Tuesday in a motorcycle-car crash on US 183, about 14.5 miles south of Breckenridge.
Killed in the accident was Christopher David Ohern, who was pronounced dead at 5:39 a.m. after the accident occurred about 4:20 a.m., the Department of Public Safety said in a news release. Ohern's body was taken to Melton Funeral Home in Breckenridge.
Ohern was driving a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The driver of the second vehicle – Jacob Adam Gonzales, 26, of Abilene – was taken to Stephens County Memorial Hospital for treatment. Gonzales was driving a 2010 Lincoln MKZ.
According to a Department of Public Safety release, Gonzales' vehicle was traveling west on CR 157 and Ohern's motorcycle was traveling north on US 183 when Gonzales' vehicle failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of US 183 and CR 157. Gonzales' vehicle struck Ohern's motorcycle on the left side, the DPS release said.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend