ABILENE, Texas - A south Abilene movie theater was burglarized in the early hours of Monday morning.
According to the incident report, Carmike Park Central 6 on South Clack Street reported burglars had pried open the north side door of the building. The building was ransacked and multiple coin-operated machines were broken into.
The report said drawers, cabinets and registers were opened. The unknown suspects also tried to open the safe by cutting it with a drill. A computer and two radios were taken, along with an unknown amount of cash.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack