ABILENE, Texas - A south Abilene movie theater was burglarized in the early hours of Monday morning.
According to the incident report, Carmike Park Central 6 on South Clack Street reported burglars had pried open the north side door of the building. The building was ransacked and multiple coin-operated machines were broken into.
The report said drawers, cabinets and registers were opened. The unknown suspects also tried to open the safe by cutting it with a drill. A computer and two radios were taken, along with an unknown amount of cash.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children