ABILENE, Texas - A south Abilene movie theater was burglarized in the early hours of Monday morning.
According to the incident report, Carmike Park Central 6 on South Clack Street reported burglars had pried open the north side door of the building. The building was ransacked and multiple coin-operated machines were broken into.
The report said drawers, cabinets and registers were opened. The unknown suspects also tried to open the safe by cutting it with a drill. A computer and two radios were taken, along with an unknown amount of cash.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera