ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has been arrested on a parole violation after being shot Wednesday by an unidentified suspect at Abilene North Apartments.
Jacque D. Johnson was picked up after he sustained a bullet wound to the neck and was taken to Hendrick Medical Center for treatment, police said in a news release Thursday.
According to police, Johnson and a yet-to-be-identified male suspect had an altercation at the apartment complex on Mimosa Drive before the suspect shot at Johnson multiple times, hitting him the neck.
A records check confirmed Johnson had a warrant out for a drug-related parole violation, the news release said. After Johnson was treated and released from Hendrick, he was arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail. Johnson is currently being held without bond.
The suspect is believed to have fled the Abilene Police Department's jurisdiction. No other arrests have been made and APD hopes to have an arrest warrant issued for the shooting suspect soon.
APD officials said more details may become available as the ongoing aggravated assault investigation continues.
Abilene police are investigating a shooting that occurred Wednesday night at the Abilene North Apartments.
The shooting happened about 6:30 p.m. at the complex in the 2400 block of North Willis.
When police arrived on the scene, there was no victim but they did find evidence of a shooting including bullet holes in a vehicle.
About 7 p.m. police discovered that a man with a gunshot wound had been taken to Hendrick Medical Center.
As they questioned people at the apartment complex, officers were seen handcuffing a woman.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated