ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has been arrested on a parole violation after being shot Wednesday by an unidentified suspect at Abilene North Apartments.
Jacque D. Johnson was picked up after he sustained a bullet wound to the neck and was taken to Hendrick Medical Center for treatment, police said in a news release Thursday.
According to police, Johnson and a yet-to-be-identified male suspect had an altercation at the apartment complex on Mimosa Drive before the suspect shot at Johnson multiple times, hitting him the neck.
A records check confirmed Johnson had a warrant out for a drug-related parole violation, the news release said. After Johnson was treated and released from Hendrick, he was arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail. Johnson is currently being held without bond.
The suspect is believed to have fled the Abilene Police Department's jurisdiction. No other arrests have been made and APD hopes to have an arrest warrant issued for the shooting suspect soon.
APD officials said more details may become available as the ongoing aggravated assault investigation continues.
Abilene police are investigating a shooting that occurred Wednesday night at the Abilene North Apartments.
The shooting happened about 6:30 p.m. at the complex in the 2400 block of North Willis.
When police arrived on the scene, there was no victim but they did find evidence of a shooting including bullet holes in a vehicle.
About 7 p.m. police discovered that a man with a gunshot wound had been taken to Hendrick Medical Center.
As they questioned people at the apartment complex, officers were seen handcuffing a woman.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash