ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has been arrested on a parole violation after being shot Wednesday by an unidentified suspect at Abilene North Apartments.
Jacque D. Johnson was picked up after he sustained a bullet wound to the neck and was taken to Hendrick Medical Center for treatment, police said in a news release Thursday.
According to police, Johnson and a yet-to-be-identified male suspect had an altercation at the apartment complex on Mimosa Drive before the suspect shot at Johnson multiple times, hitting him the neck.
A records check confirmed Johnson had a warrant out for a drug-related parole violation, the news release said. After Johnson was treated and released from Hendrick, he was arrested and taken to Taylor County Jail. Johnson is currently being held without bond.
The suspect is believed to have fled the Abilene Police Department's jurisdiction. No other arrests have been made and APD hopes to have an arrest warrant issued for the shooting suspect soon.
APD officials said more details may become available as the ongoing aggravated assault investigation continues.
Abilene police are investigating a shooting that occurred Wednesday night at the Abilene North Apartments.
The shooting happened about 6:30 p.m. at the complex in the 2400 block of North Willis.
When police arrived on the scene, there was no victim but they did find evidence of a shooting including bullet holes in a vehicle.
About 7 p.m. police discovered that a man with a gunshot wound had been taken to Hendrick Medical Center.
As they questioned people at the apartment complex, officers were seen handcuffing a woman.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill