ABILENE, Texas - A post by an advocacy group about an Abilene nursing home has gone viral.
The group cites a government report detailing neglect.
Nursing Home Compare, which is a website set up by the U.S. Medicare Office to provide information on nursing homes, has included a report from March 2013 that focused on the Care Inn of Abilene on South 7th Street.
The Care Inn offers therapy, long-term care, hospice and respite care.
The report shows documentation of a resident going into septic shock from a catheter that reportedly wasn't properly cleaned or changed.
Contacted Wednesday, officials with the Care Inn declined comment.
While we didn't get any answers from the facility, we were able to get graphic details about what allegedly happened in the report on the website.
To link to the Nursing Home Compare website, please CLICK HERE.
The website allows you to view everything from state health inspections to reports from neglect investigations. In addition, the site grades each facility on the overall rating, health inspection, staffing and quality measures. You can even compare up to three facilities at a time to cross check their amenities and services.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated