ABILENE, Texas - A post by an advocacy group about an Abilene nursing home has gone viral.
The group cites a government report detailing neglect.
Nursing Home Compare, which is a website set up by the U.S. Medicare Office to provide information on nursing homes, has included a report from March 2013 that focused on the Care Inn of Abilene on South 7th Street.
The Care Inn offers therapy, long-term care, hospice and respite care.
The report shows documentation of a resident going into septic shock from a catheter that reportedly wasn't properly cleaned or changed.
Contacted Wednesday, officials with the Care Inn declined comment.
While we didn't get any answers from the facility, we were able to get graphic details about what allegedly happened in the report on the website.
To link to the Nursing Home Compare website, please CLICK HERE.
The website allows you to view everything from state health inspections to reports from neglect investigations. In addition, the site grades each facility on the overall rating, health inspection, staffing and quality measures. You can even compare up to three facilities at a time to cross check their amenities and services.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring