ABILENE, Texas - For the 10th year, the Abilene Interfaith Council hosted an Abilene observance for the National Day of Prayer.
The group met at the Center for Contemporary Arts at noon Thursday. The Interfaith Council represents many religions across the spectrum.
The National Day of Prayer is much older, having begun in 1952. It was officially moved to May in 1988 by then President Ronald Reagan.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack