ABILENE, Texas - For the 10th year, the Abilene Interfaith Council hosted an Abilene observance for the National Day of Prayer.
The group met at the Center for Contemporary Arts at noon Thursday. The Interfaith Council represents many religions across the spectrum.
The National Day of Prayer is much older, having begun in 1952. It was officially moved to May in 1988 by then President Ronald Reagan.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill