ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Damascus Road, the Boots on the Ground Ministry, and others have partnered to provide hail damage relief to those who have no insurance or did not receive enough money for repairs after June's hailstorm in Abilene.
The storm, cost an estimated $400,000,000 in damages throughout the city.
Others involved in the effort include Global Samaritan resources, a lawyer to answer all questions about insurance, and professional roofers.
"It feels great to be able to team up," said Jeff Smith, of the Boots on the Ground Ministry at Beltway Park, "and to see all these other guys coming into the picture and just everybody together."
Those who need help must qualify. The age of the person, time of request, and extent of damages are taken into consideration.
Volunteers are also welcome and encouraged. A donation account was also set up at the Abilene Banking Center Coleman County State Bank for donations.
If you need help or would like to assist, you can do so with these numbers:
*To get help, volunteer, or donate materials, you can call 325-672-4787
*For insurance questions, you can call Bob Hanna at 325-673-3792
*To deposit money in the donation account, you call Ben Russell at 325-692-8660
Or reach Abilene Damascus Road online:
*On Facebook or by email at email@example.com
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children