ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Damascus Road, the Boots on the Ground Ministry, and others have partnered to provide hail damage relief to those who have no insurance or did not receive enough money for repairs after June's hailstorm in Abilene.
The storm, cost an estimated $400,000,000 in damages throughout the city.
Others involved in the effort include Global Samaritan resources, a lawyer to answer all questions about insurance, and professional roofers.
"It feels great to be able to team up," said Jeff Smith, of the Boots on the Ground Ministry at Beltway Park, "and to see all these other guys coming into the picture and just everybody together."
Those who need help must qualify. The age of the person, time of request, and extent of damages are taken into consideration.
Volunteers are also welcome and encouraged. A donation account was also set up at the Abilene Banking Center Coleman County State Bank for donations.
If you need help or would like to assist, you can do so with these numbers:
*To get help, volunteer, or donate materials, you can call 325-672-4787
*For insurance questions, you can call Bob Hanna at 325-673-3792
*To deposit money in the donation account, you call Ben Russell at 325-692-8660
Or reach Abilene Damascus Road online:
*On Facebook or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS