ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Monday after police say they found 855 grams of methamphetamine, and other drugs, in a child's playroom within their home.
Abilene police executed a search warrant at the home of 29-year-old's April Weaver-Connelly and Nathan Burleson in the 1700 block of Palm Street Monday morning.
Police said they discovered 855 grams of liquid methamphetamine, along with components for a lab, and a usable amount of marijuana in a child's playroom.
The home is located within 1000 feet of McMurry University's baseball field.
The pair is charged with 1st degree felony delivery and manufacture of methamphetamine in a drug free zone and class B possession of marijuana.
As of Wednesday, they are in the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $26,000 each.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated