ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Fire Department's Jim Moore visits with us on KTXS This Morning to tell us the best advice for a smooth 4th of July.
Moore wants to remind everyone that it is illegal to set off fireworks anywhere within the limits of the city of Abilene.
If you do set off fireworks on private property outside of the city, Moore says it's important to have a hose or fire extinguisher on hand. Even though we've seen an increase in rainfall this year, the potential for fire danger is still present.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'