ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Fire Department's Jim Moore visits with us on KTXS This Morning to tell us the best advice for a smooth 4th of July.
Moore wants to remind everyone that it is illegal to set off fireworks anywhere within the limits of the city of Abilene.
If you do set off fireworks on private property outside of the city, Moore says it's important to have a hose or fire extinguisher on hand. Even though we've seen an increase in rainfall this year, the potential for fire danger is still present.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested