ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Fire Department's Jim Moore visits with us on KTXS This Morning to tell us the best advice for a smooth 4th of July.
Moore wants to remind everyone that it is illegal to set off fireworks anywhere within the limits of the city of Abilene.
If you do set off fireworks on private property outside of the city, Moore says it's important to have a hose or fire extinguisher on hand. Even though we've seen an increase in rainfall this year, the potential for fire danger is still present.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend