ABILENE, Texas - After more than 100 reported cases of BB gun vandalism in Abilene over the previous two days, only one additional case was reported overnight Thursday, police say.
Police say the latest case occurred at a north side business to a car and that preliminary findings are inconclusive.
Police are urging the public to remember how key their role is in preventing what has become a felony string of BB gun shooting cases. Law enforcement says just because the vandalism appears to have stopped, continue to report anything suspicious by calling 911 immediately.
The APD's investigation into the BB/air gun vandalism continues. According to investigators, more than 100 incidents have been reported as of late Wednesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made yet.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade