ABILENE, Texas - After more than 100 reported cases of BB gun vandalism in Abilene over the previous two days, only one additional case was reported overnight Thursday, police say.
Police say the latest case occurred at a north side business to a car and that preliminary findings are inconclusive.
Police are urging the public to remember how key their role is in preventing what has become a felony string of BB gun shooting cases. Law enforcement says just because the vandalism appears to have stopped, continue to report anything suspicious by calling 911 immediately.
The APD's investigation into the BB/air gun vandalism continues. According to investigators, more than 100 incidents have been reported as of late Wednesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made yet.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized