ABILENE, Texas - After more than 100 reported cases of BB gun vandalism in Abilene over the previous two days, only one additional case was reported overnight Thursday, police say.
Police say the latest case occurred at a north side business to a car and that preliminary findings are inconclusive.
Police are urging the public to remember how key their role is in preventing what has become a felony string of BB gun shooting cases. Law enforcement says just because the vandalism appears to have stopped, continue to report anything suspicious by calling 911 immediately.
The APD's investigation into the BB/air gun vandalism continues. According to investigators, more than 100 incidents have been reported as of late Wednesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made yet.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide