ABILENE, Texas - A suspected drunk driver led Abilene police on a car chase Saturday.
Police spotted the driver, suspected he may have been drunk and tried to pull him over.
The driver did not pull over and led police on a short chase through central Abilene streets. Police eventually caught the suspect at the corner of Don Juan Street and Leggett Drive at an apartment complex.
The suspect allegedly had an undisclosed amount of crack cocaine in his possession. He was charged with evading arrest and possession of a controlled substance.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash