ABILENE, Texas - A suspected drunk driver led Abilene police on a car chase Saturday.
Police spotted the driver, suspected he may have been drunk and tried to pull him over.
The driver did not pull over and led police on a short chase through central Abilene streets. Police eventually caught the suspect at the corner of Don Juan Street and Leggett Drive at an apartment complex.
The suspect allegedly had an undisclosed amount of crack cocaine in his possession. He was charged with evading arrest and possession of a controlled substance.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene