ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have arrested 33-year-old Robert Latham, the suspect in the stabbing of a 19-year-old woman Monday afternoon on Matador Street.
Latham is now being held on a $103,500 bond at the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Evading Arrest.
An arrest warrant was issued for Lathan Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Patrol Officer Jake Weise spotted Latham on Butternut. He attempted to contact Latham, and a short pursuit ensued.
Weise apprehended Latham near South 4th and Elm Street.
Latham was transported to the Law Enforcement Center then the Taylor County Jail.
Police have not released the name of the victim or her condition.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- People celebrate Fur Ball 2017 with four-legged friends
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field