ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have arrested 33-year-old Robert Latham, the suspect in the stabbing of a 19-year-old woman Monday afternoon on Matador Street.
Latham is now being held on a $103,500 bond at the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Evading Arrest.
An arrest warrant was issued for Lathan Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Patrol Officer Jake Weise spotted Latham on Butternut. He attempted to contact Latham, and a short pursuit ensued.
Weise apprehended Latham near South 4th and Elm Street.
Latham was transported to the Law Enforcement Center then the Taylor County Jail.
Police have not released the name of the victim or her condition.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated