ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have arrested 33-year-old Robert Latham, the suspect in the stabbing of a 19-year-old woman Monday afternoon on Matador Street.
Latham is now being held on a $103,500 bond at the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Evading Arrest.
An arrest warrant was issued for Lathan Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Patrol Officer Jake Weise spotted Latham on Butternut. He attempted to contact Latham, and a short pursuit ensued.
Weise apprehended Latham near South 4th and Elm Street.
Latham was transported to the Law Enforcement Center then the Taylor County Jail.
Police have not released the name of the victim or her condition.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency