ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have arrested 33-year-old Robert Latham, the suspect in the stabbing of a 19-year-old woman Monday afternoon on Matador Street.
Latham is now being held on a $103,500 bond at the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Evading Arrest.
An arrest warrant was issued for Lathan Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Patrol Officer Jake Weise spotted Latham on Butternut. He attempted to contact Latham, and a short pursuit ensued.
Weise apprehended Latham near South 4th and Elm Street.
Latham was transported to the Law Enforcement Center then the Taylor County Jail.
Police have not released the name of the victim or her condition.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth