ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have arrested 33-year-old Robert Latham, the suspect in the stabbing of a 19-year-old woman Monday afternoon on Matador Street.
Latham is now being held on a $103,500 bond at the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Evading Arrest.
An arrest warrant was issued for Lathan Tuesday afternoon. Two hours later, Patrol Officer Jake Weise spotted Latham on Butternut. He attempted to contact Latham, and a short pursuit ensued.
Weise apprehended Latham near South 4th and Elm Street.
Latham was transported to the Law Enforcement Center then the Taylor County Jail.
Police have not released the name of the victim or her condition.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide