ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have made three more arrests in connection to a shooting that happened over the weekend on Beechwood Lane.
Ella Lopez, Rubin Garcia and Pablo Torres were arrested for allegedly helping Harmon Benitez elude police after Benitez allegedly shot his girlfriend. A standoff ensued as Benitez holed up in a house before police were able to force him out.
The three were booked into the Taylor County Jail, but have since bonded out. Benitez also is being held in the county jail on bond set at more than $250,000. The victim has since been released from the hospital.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer