ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have made three more arrests in connection to a shooting that happened over the weekend on Beechwood Lane.
Ella Lopez, Rubin Garcia and Pablo Torres were arrested for allegedly helping Harmon Benitez elude police after Benitez allegedly shot his girlfriend. A standoff ensued as Benitez holed up in a house before police were able to force him out.
The three were booked into the Taylor County Jail, but have since bonded out. Benitez also is being held in the county jail on bond set at more than $250,000. The victim has since been released from the hospital.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck