ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have made three more arrests in connection to a shooting that happened over the weekend on Beechwood Lane.
Ella Lopez, Rubin Garcia and Pablo Torres were arrested for allegedly helping Harmon Benitez elude police after Benitez allegedly shot his girlfriend. A standoff ensued as Benitez holed up in a house before police were able to force him out.
The three were booked into the Taylor County Jail, but have since bonded out. Benitez also is being held in the county jail on bond set at more than $250,000. The victim has since been released from the hospital.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account