From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Scott Kuczkowski responded to an assault call at a residence in the 2000 block of S. Clack Street. An adult male victim's mother had contacted APD dispatch about her son being assaulted at McMurry University, 1400 block of Sayles Boulevard. Officer Kuczkowski's preliminary investigation revealed that the victim alleged he had been assaulted by a known male suspect after a basketball game. The victim received medical attention but declined medical transport. The victim had an injury to his head that was consistent with the allegation of being punched and kicked. A report for misdemeanor assault was taken and this investigation continues.
At about 6:05 p.m. Tuesday, Officer John Clark responded to a theft call at a business in the 1000 block of N. Judge Ely Boulevard. APD dispatch had been contacted by an employee of the business who stated that a male subject had been detained for stealing meat. Officer Clark's preliminary investigation revealed that the male subject had been observed concealing meat and then walking out of the store without paying for same. Approximately $76 in stolen meat was recovered. The male subject was arrested for misdemeanor theft.
At about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday, Officer Kathi Rhodes responded to a call for service involving a theft allegation at a residence in the 700 block of Palm Street. APD dispatch had been informed by a female victim that her lawnmower had been taken by known suspects without her permission. The victim believed that the lawnmower had been pawned at a local pawn store. Further investigation confirmed that the lawnmower in question was located a local pawn store. The victim wanted to press charges and a misdemeanor theft report was taken. This investigation continues.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth