From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 10:50 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Brady Broyles attempted to contact a motorist that continued to elude him after attempting to make a traffic stop. Officer Broyles had activated his emergency lights and then also activated his siren, but the motorist continued operating his vehicle. The driver ignored Officer Broyles' attempt to stop him for about four blocks until stopping in the 800 block of Grape Street. Officer Broyles contacted the male driver and detained him. A records check revealed that the driver was driving on a suspended license. The driver was arrested for two misdemeanor offenses: Fleeing to Elude and Driving While License Invalid (with previous convictions).
At about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Steven Risinger contacted a male subject outside a bar in the 1800 block of S. Clack Street in reference to a disturbance that had just occurred. Officer Kevin Pruitt had also responded and assisted Officer Risinger. Two males, later determined to be brothers, were contacted and identified. A records check confirmed that both males subjects had outstanding arrest warrants. Subject #1 had an outstanding arrest warrant out of Midland County for misdemeanor Public Lewdness. Subject #2 had three local municipal arrest warrants. Both subjects were arrested for the warrants.
At about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, Officer Michael Garcia contacted a motorist in the 3200 block of S. Clack Street for a traffic violation. Officer Garcia contacted the female driver and smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the driver. The driver conducted standard field sobriety tests which she performed poorly. The driver was arrested and taken to county jail where she provided samples of her breath. Breath samples taken showed the driver's BAC to be 0.145 and 0.146. The driver was arrested for an enhanced misdemeanor (Class A) DWI based on a records check that showed the driver had a previous conviction for DWI.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer