ABILENE, Texas - Three Abilene residents are behind bars Thursday, following a drug bust and the discovery of loaded guns within a baby's reach.
Police executed a search and arrest warrant at the home of Patrice Elgin, 24, Derrick Spotwood, 17, and Alvin Spotwood, 22, in the 2700 block of South 3rd street Tuesday afternoon.
The trio's home is located within 1000 feet of Nonna Daycare on S. Mockingbird Street.
Officers said they found 6.3 grams of crack cocaine, marijuana, and two loaded guns near Elgin's one-year-old baby.
Elgin and Derrick Spotwood face child endangerment and drug charges.
Alvin Spotwood faces only drug charges.
Included in the warrants for his arrest, Derrick had an outstanding warrant for 2nd degree felony deadly conduct.
As of Thursday, each suspect is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling more than $40,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated