ABILENE, Texas - Three Abilene residents are behind bars Thursday, following a drug bust and the discovery of loaded guns within a baby's reach.
Police executed a search and arrest warrant at the home of Patrice Elgin, 24, Derrick Spotwood, 17, and Alvin Spotwood, 22, in the 2700 block of South 3rd street Tuesday afternoon.
The trio's home is located within 1000 feet of Nonna Daycare on S. Mockingbird Street.
Officers said they found 6.3 grams of crack cocaine, marijuana, and two loaded guns near Elgin's one-year-old baby.
Elgin and Derrick Spotwood face child endangerment and drug charges.
Alvin Spotwood faces only drug charges.
Included in the warrants for his arrest, Derrick had an outstanding warrant for 2nd degree felony deadly conduct.
As of Thursday, each suspect is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling more than $40,000.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash