ABILENE, Texas - Agents of the Special Operations Division of the Abilene Police Department, assisted by the Taylor County Sheriff's Office, executed a search warrant at a north side business located at 4801 Pine Street Friday afternoon.
The smoke shop, known as "XOTICA," also serves as a men's club and adult superstore.
APD said the search warrant stemmed from information gained by agents investigating the possible sale of an illegal substance, particularly alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, also known as "A-PVP." The substance is more commonly known by the generic term "bath salts."
Substances identified in the search warrant were seized and will later be submitted for lab analysis, according to APD.
No one has been arrested in connection to the warrant. An officer on scene told us criminal charges may be filed at a later date, pending laboratory analysis.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck