ABILENE, Texas - Agents of the Special Operations Division of the Abilene Police Department, assisted by the Taylor County Sheriff's Office, executed a search warrant at a north side business located at 4801 Pine Street Friday afternoon.
The smoke shop, known as "XOTICA," also serves as a men's club and adult superstore.
APD said the search warrant stemmed from information gained by agents investigating the possible sale of an illegal substance, particularly alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, also known as "A-PVP." The substance is more commonly known by the generic term "bath salts."
Substances identified in the search warrant were seized and will later be submitted for lab analysis, according to APD.
No one has been arrested in connection to the warrant. An officer on scene told us criminal charges may be filed at a later date, pending laboratory analysis.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck