ABILENE, Texas - Agents of the Special Operations Division of the Abilene Police Department, assisted by the Taylor County Sheriff's Office, executed a search warrant at a north side business located at 4801 Pine Street Friday afternoon.
The smoke shop, known as "XOTICA," also serves as a men's club and adult superstore.
APD said the search warrant stemmed from information gained by agents investigating the possible sale of an illegal substance, particularly alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, also known as "A-PVP." The substance is more commonly known by the generic term "bath salts."
Substances identified in the search warrant were seized and will later be submitted for lab analysis, according to APD.
No one has been arrested in connection to the warrant. An officer on scene told us criminal charges may be filed at a later date, pending laboratory analysis.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash