ABILENE, Texas - Agents of the Special Operations Division of the Abilene Police Department, assisted by the Taylor County Sheriff's Office, executed a search warrant at a north side business located at 4801 Pine Street Friday afternoon.
The smoke shop, known as "XOTICA," also serves as a men's club and adult superstore.
APD said the search warrant stemmed from information gained by agents investigating the possible sale of an illegal substance, particularly alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, also known as "A-PVP." The substance is more commonly known by the generic term "bath salts."
Substances identified in the search warrant were seized and will later be submitted for lab analysis, according to APD.
No one has been arrested in connection to the warrant. An officer on scene told us criminal charges may be filed at a later date, pending laboratory analysis.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth