ABILENE, Texas - Over the July 4th weekend, the Abilene fire and police departments issued a number of citations and made two DWI arrests.
Abilene firemen and police issued seven fireworks citations between July 3 and July 7. No citations were issued to juveniles, only adults.
According to Abilene authorities, selling or the discharge of fireworks within the Abilene city limits is illegal. It is a Class C misdemeanor and your fireworks are confiscated.
According to police, two DWI arrests were made on July 5.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon