ABILENE, Texas - Over the July 4th weekend, the Abilene fire and police departments issued a number of citations and made two DWI arrests.
Abilene firemen and police issued seven fireworks citations between July 3 and July 7. No citations were issued to juveniles, only adults.
According to Abilene authorities, selling or the discharge of fireworks within the Abilene city limits is illegal. It is a Class C misdemeanor and your fireworks are confiscated.
According to police, two DWI arrests were made on July 5.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck