ABILENE, Texas - Over the July 4th weekend, the Abilene fire and police departments issued a number of citations and made two DWI arrests.
Abilene firemen and police issued seven fireworks citations between July 3 and July 7. No citations were issued to juveniles, only adults.
According to Abilene authorities, selling or the discharge of fireworks within the Abilene city limits is illegal. It is a Class C misdemeanor and your fireworks are confiscated.
According to police, two DWI arrests were made on July 5.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring