ABILENE, Texas - Over the July 4th weekend, the Abilene fire and police departments issued a number of citations and made two DWI arrests.
Abilene firemen and police issued seven fireworks citations between July 3 and July 7. No citations were issued to juveniles, only adults.
According to Abilene authorities, selling or the discharge of fireworks within the Abilene city limits is illegal. It is a Class C misdemeanor and your fireworks are confiscated.
According to police, two DWI arrests were made on July 5.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase