ABILENE, Texas - Over the July 4th weekend, the Abilene fire and police departments issued a number of citations and made two DWI arrests.
Abilene firemen and police issued seven fireworks citations between July 3 and July 7. No citations were issued to juveniles, only adults.
According to Abilene authorities, selling or the discharge of fireworks within the Abilene city limits is illegal. It is a Class C misdemeanor and your fireworks are confiscated.
According to police, two DWI arrests were made on July 5.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth