From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Jerimiah Torrez responded to a theft call at a residence in the 1000 block of Rodgers Street. APD dispatch had been notified by a victim that reported her dog was stolen. Officer Torrez' investigation revealed that an unknown suspect had entered the victim's yard and taken her dog valued at approximately $150. Further investigation revealed that the dog was stolen between Tuesday and Wednesday. The dog was described as a 6-week old female puppy that is one-half Husky and one-half black Labrador. If anyone has information about this incident, they are encouraged to contact Abilene Crime Stoppers at 676-TIPS (8477) and can remain anonymous. A Theft report was taken.
At about 6 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Scott Kuczkowski responded to a burglary call at a residence in the 1600 block of Woodard Street. APD dispatch received notification that the residence had been burglarized and that possible suspects were involved. Officer Kuczkowski's investigation revealed that a bedroom in the residence was occupied by a male victim and was forcibly entered. Approximately $750 in property was stolen. The investigation revealed that two known subjects are possibly involved. Damage to an appliance was also alleged. A report for Theft was taken and this investigation continues.
At about 10:35 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Clinton Coapland contacted a motorist in the 3200 block of Rebecca Lane for a traffic violation. Jody Peavy and his K-9 assisted on the traffic stop. Officers contacted the female driver and a search of the vehicle was granted. Officer Peavy located a pipe, commonly used to smoke narcotics, and a black bag that contained and spoons. The spoons contained a white substance. That substance tested positive for methamphetamine. The investigation revealed that the drug paraphernalia and meth belonged to the driver. The driver was arrested for felony Possession of a Controlled Substance (methamphetamine).
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring