ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Police responded to a shooting Thursday morning around 6:30 a.m.
The incident took place at the Maison Blanche Apartments on the 2800 block of Sayles Blvd. near South 27th Street.
Abilene Police spokesperson George Spindler said two men were involved in the shooting.
One male has been taken to a hospital with three gunshot wounds.
The early reports from police are that the resident came back to his apartment and found a man inside. They scuffled, and the resident shot the man in the apartment.
Sgt. Lynn Beard said the wounded man is expected to survive, and as of about 8:30 a.m. was awake at the hospital and able to speak with police.
Spindler emphasized that the investigation was in its early stages. Police are trying to determine if the two men knew each other before the incident.
Police could be seen at a bank across the street from the apartments looking at security cameras.
Two males could be seen being taken away by police at the scene, but were not in handcuffs.
Beard said there was no one in custody, and they were still in the interview stage.
KTXS has a crew at the scene and will continue to update this developing story.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated