ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Police responded to a shooting Thursday morning around 6:30 a.m.
The incident took place at the Maison Blanche Apartments on the 2800 block of Sayles Blvd. near South 27th Street.
Abilene Police spokesperson George Spindler said two men were involved in the shooting.
One male has been taken to a hospital with three gunshot wounds.
The early reports from police are that the resident came back to his apartment and found a man inside. They scuffled, and the resident shot the man in the apartment.
Sgt. Lynn Beard said the wounded man is expected to survive, and as of about 8:30 a.m. was awake at the hospital and able to speak with police.
Spindler emphasized that the investigation was in its early stages. Police are trying to determine if the two men knew each other before the incident.
Police could be seen at a bank across the street from the apartments looking at security cameras.
Two males could be seen being taken away by police at the scene, but were not in handcuffs.
Beard said there was no one in custody, and they were still in the interview stage.
KTXS has a crew at the scene and will continue to update this developing story.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family