ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department is investigating a local boot camp program for alleged assaults against children involved in the program.
Police Chief Stan Standridge said there are allegations that operators of the boot camp used restraining devices as well as stun devices on children.
A mother of one of the children involved said the program is called Reality Invasion Boot Camp.
Standridge said the Special Victims Unit and Child Protective Services are investigating and interviewing children.
He said one child appears to have injuries consistent with the allegations and the youngest child victim is four years old.
No arrests have been made.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range