ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department is investigating a local boot camp program for alleged assaults against children involved in the program.
Police Chief Stan Standridge said there are allegations that operators of the boot camp used restraining devices as well as stun devices on children.
A mother of one of the children involved said the program is called Reality Invasion Boot Camp.
Standridge said the Special Victims Unit and Child Protective Services are investigating and interviewing children.
He said one child appears to have injuries consistent with the allegations and the youngest child victim is four years old.
No arrests have been made.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued