ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a woman was shot at a south Abilene motel.
It happened early Wednesday morning at the Royal Inn in the 5600 block of South 1st Street.
Just before 2 a.m., police received a call about gunshots being fired.
Police arrived to find a woman – inside one of the rooms – suffering from a single gunshot wound to her ankle.
Although there was conflicting information on what happened, police treated it as a felony aggravated assault investigation.
The woman was treated at a hospital. No arrests have been made, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS