ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a woman was shot at a south Abilene motel.
It happened early Wednesday morning at the Royal Inn in the 5600 block of South 1st Street.
Just before 2 a.m., police received a call about gunshots being fired.
Police arrived to find a woman – inside one of the rooms – suffering from a single gunshot wound to her ankle.
Although there was conflicting information on what happened, police treated it as a felony aggravated assault investigation.
The woman was treated at a hospital. No arrests have been made, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family