ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a woman was shot at a south Abilene motel.
It happened early Wednesday morning at the Royal Inn in the 5600 block of South 1st Street.
Just before 2 a.m., police received a call about gunshots being fired.
Police arrived to find a woman – inside one of the rooms – suffering from a single gunshot wound to her ankle.
Although there was conflicting information on what happened, police treated it as a felony aggravated assault investigation.
The woman was treated at a hospital. No arrests have been made, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading