ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police say a woman was shot at a south Abilene motel.
It happened early Wednesday morning at the Royal Inn in the 5600 block of South 1st Street.
Just before 2 a.m., police received a call about gunshots being fired.
Police arrived to find a woman – inside one of the rooms – suffering from a single gunshot wound to her ankle.
Although there was conflicting information on what happened, police treated it as a felony aggravated assault investigation.
The woman was treated at a hospital. No arrests have been made, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade