From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 11:45 p.m. Saturday, Officer Joshua Davis responded to a 911 call at a residence. The reporting party hung up with the call taker during the call. Officers responded to a residence in the 900 block of Peach Street where they contacted two involved parties. The preliminary investigation revealed that both male subjects were roommates that had gotten into a verbal argument. During the argument, one of the roommates allegedly pulled a pocket knife and attempted to stab the other twice. The victim managed to push the roommate away and take the knife away. A records check revealed that the victim had an outstanding municipal arrest warrant. The subject was arrested for felony aggravated assault family violence. The victim was arrested for the outstanding warrant. There were no injuries reported and this investigation continues.
At about 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Officer Chris Jennings contacted a motorist in the 1800 block of E.S. 11th Street for a traffic violation. Officer Jennings contacted the male driver and smelled the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the driver. During this investigation, Officer Jennings also observed indicators of intoxication. The driver conducted field sobriety tests which he performed poorly. The driver was arrested for misdemeanor DWI and refused to provide a specimen of his blood or breath.
At about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, officers with the Patrol Division responded to a trespassing call at a business in the 700 block of Butternut Street. The reporting party had been notified by a third party who had observed a male subject with his pants down on the front porch urinating. Sgt. Jason Haak also responded to the call. When Sgt. Haak arrived on-scene, he observed a male subject sitting on the front porch with his pants down and masturbating. The male subject was arrested for misdemeanor public lewdness. The subject was also warned not to return to the premises.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck