ABILENE, Texas - From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 2:55 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Adrian Slaymaker responded to a stolen vehicle call at a residence in the 5400 block of Laguna Drive. APD dispatch had been informed by a female victim that she had not yet had her vehicle returned to her by a male subject and wanted to file a report. Officer Slaymaker's preliminary investigation revealed that the victim allowed a male subject to borrow her vehicle but that the subject had been in control of her vehicle since 12/01/12 and had failed to return it. Additionally, attempts to contact the subject had been unsuccessful. The victim claimed that she never gave the subject consent to keep her vehicle. A report for felony unauthorized use of a motor vehicle was taken. The investigation continues.
At about 12:48 a.m. Tuesday, Officer Scott Kuczkowski contacted a motorist in the 1600 block of North Mockingbird Lane for a traffic violation. Officer Kuczkowski contacted the male driver and was told by the driver that his driver's license was suspended. During the preliminary investigation, a records check revealed that the driver had an outstanding drug-related arrest warrant out of Palo Pinto County. A K-9 officer assisted in this traffic stop and the K-9 alerted on the vehicle for the presence of narcotics. A search of the vehicle revealed a useable quantity of marijuana. The driver was arrested for the felony warrant and for misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
At about 9:40 p.m. Tuesday, Officers Robert Brannon and Katie Snell responded to a disturbance call in the 3100 block of South 12th Street. APD dispatch received notification from a concerned citizen about people screaming and fighting outdoors and that a male and female were involved. Officers were able to contact the involved parties, a male and female, and discovered that they were involved in a verbal argument. A records check on the female subject revealed that she had two outstanding arrest warrants. The female was arrested on two misdemeanor warrants for the offense of theft by check.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated