ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Sunday in connection to two armed robberies.
Abilene police said 35-year-old Anthony Kelly was armed with a knife when he robbed the first convenience store on North Treadaway Boulevard Sunday night.
Police said Kelly displayed the knife when he demanded money from the store clerk and a fight broke out. The clerk was cut during the struggle but has been treated and released from a local hospital.
According to police, Kelly robbed another convenience store on Pine Street just a few minutes later and got into a fight with that store clerk as well. That clerk was not hurt.
Police later spotted Kelly on Mesquite street and said he matched the suspect's description. They were able to arrest him after a brief foot chase. One of the store clerks identified him in a photo lineup.
Police said Kelly took both money and merchandise from the convenience stores.
As of Monday, Kelly is in the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $450,000 for two counts of felony aggravated robbery and one felony count of robbery.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program