ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police investigating the murder of Donald Perkins have been granted a search warrant to obtain GPS coordinates one of the suspect's vehicle.
The murder took place Sunday evening on the north side of Abilene at the intersection of Marigold Street and Arnold Boulevard.
The search warrant stats that Frontier Motors, a car dealership on North 1st Street, was in possession of electronic data and GPS data connected to Mansell's 2014 Chevy Camaro.
Police believe the GPS data will confirm Mansell's vehicle at the scene of the crime.
Mansell told investigators she did this so she could allow Gootee "the opportunity to confront Perkins about an incident related to Gootee's daughter."
During this confrontation Gootee allegedly drove up to Perkins on a motorcycle and shot him several times.
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating