ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Wednesday after a police officer broke his own finger trying to apprehend him.
Raul Robles, 23, was a passenger in a Chevy Camaro that was pulled over in a traffic stop in the 1600 block of Briarwood Street Wednesday afternoon.
The officer recognized Robles had warrants out for his arrest, including a motion to revoke his probation on a 2008 aggravated robbery conviction.
Robles allegedly got out of the car and ran away. The officer chased him and sustained a broken ring finger while attempting to apprehend Robles.
Once in custody, officers said they found Robles had 1.5 grams of heroin and 4.6 grams of marijuana on his person.
He is charged with third degree felony evading arrest, second degree felony delivery of heroin and class B possession of marijuana.
As of Thursday, Robles is in the Taylor County Jail with a total bond of $225,500.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon