From Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler:
At about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Brandon Scott contacted a motorist in the 900 block of University Blvd during a traffic stop. Officer Kevin Easley and his K-9 partner, Tex, assisted with the investigation. During the investigation Tex alerted on the vehicle for the presence of narcotics. A search of the vehicle revealed a substance that tested positive for methamphetamine. The driver was arrested for felony Possession of a Controlled Substance (methamphetamine).
At about 2:35 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Martin Walker responded to a shoplifter call at a business in the 1600 block of Hwy 351. APD dispatch was contacted by an asset protection employee about a female subject they detained for alleged theft. Officer Walker contacted the involved parties and learned that a store employee observed the subject acting suspiciously, including watching for store associates and security cameras. The employee then observed the subject selecting merchandise and concealing it in her purse. The subject then went and made a purchase at their pharmacy before leaving the store without rendering payment for items she had concealed. Approximately $51 in stolen merchandise was recovered. The subject was arrested for misdemeanor Theft.
Just after midnight Wednesday, Officer Jordan Brown observed a motorist traveling east on North 12th Street flashing its headlights. Officer Brown then heard the tires from the vehicle screeching loudly as the vehicle slammed its brakes before making a turn onto Victoria Street. Officer Brown caught up to the vehicle and contacted the motorist in the 1100 block of Victoria Street. Officer Brandon Scott arrived on-scene to assist. Officer Brown observed that the male in the driver seat was the sole occupant of the vehicle and that the vehicle engine had been shut off. Officer Brown smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the subject. The subject told Officer Brown that he had consumed a 40-ounce container of beer before driving home. The driver conducted standard field sobriety tests which he performed poorly. The driver was arrested and taken to jail where he provided specimens of his breath. Breath specimens taken revealed the driver's BAC to be 0.147 and 0.145. The driver was arrested for misdemeanor DWI.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated