ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department is recruiting new officers who will begin training in June 2013.
Below is the press release from the department:
ABILENE, TX – The Abilene Police Department is pleased to announce that the City of Abilene is accepting applications from persons desiring to become Abilene Police Officers. Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2013, at 5PM. We anticipate Academy 51 starting in June of 2013.
We are seeking outstanding, motivated individuals who want to make a difference in our great city. The qualifications for application are included on the application packet that can be found by following links at:
If you possess the desire or drive to become a professional police officer, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you know someone who would make a quality applicant, please encourage them to begin the process. The starting salary for a cadet in training is in excess of $43,000.
For further information, please check the two web addresses above. In addition, personnel at our Training
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated