ABILENE, Texas - From Abilene Police spokesman George Spindler:
At about 9:05 p.m. Wednesday, Officer David Humber responded to a robbery that had just occurred at a business in the 2900 block of Pine Street. APD Dispatch had been contacted by a female victim who explained she had been confronted at gunpoint by a male suspect who fled on-foot and took some of the victim's personal items. Officers converged to the scene and began searching for the suspect. A K-9 officer also assisted in the search. The suspect was not located. The investigation revealed that the victim was confronted by an armed suspect while she was in her vehicle. The victim reported that she was not injured. The suspect was described as a bald black male that weighed approximately 230 pounds. A report for aggravated robbery was taken and this investigation continues. If anyone believes they have information that could help solve this crime, please notify the Department via Abilene Crime Stoppers (676-TIPS) or by calling the Department directly at 325-673-8331.
At about 10:55 p.m. Wednesday night, Officer Carye Adkins contacted a suspicious subject in an alley behind a closed business in the 1000 block of S. Treadaway Boulevard. The male subject had driven to the location in a vehicle and was seen exiting that vehicle from the driver's seat. A K-9 officer assisted on this call. During the investigation, the K-9 alerted on the vehicle for the presence of narcotics. A search of the vehicle revealed a pill bottle inside the vehicle next to the driver's seat. The pill bottle contained a small quantity of marijuana. The subject was arrested for possession of marijuana.
Just after midnight Thursday, Officer Mary Guitar contacted a female subject in the 2800 block of South 1st Street that she recognized and knew to have an active arrest warrant. A records check confirmed the subject's warrant. During a search of the subject's purse, a substance that tested positive for cocaine was located. The female subject was arrested on her municipal warrant (possession of drug paraphernalia) and for felony possession of cocaine.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot