ABILENE, Texas - From Abilene Police spokesman George Spindler:
At about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Damien Hutchinson attempted to contact a motorist for a traffic violation but the driver, who he initially observed and identified as a female driver, sped off at a high rate of speed and turned down an alley. The vehicle was occupied by the driver and one male passenger. Officer Hutchinson had already notified Dispatch of the vehicles description and license plate number. APD Dispatch further relayed that information to Patrol Division officers. The suspect vehicle was located by Officer Hutchinson almost immediately after Dispatch notified all units. Officer Hutchinson contacted the two occupants in an alley in the 3100 block of Ivy Lane. A records check revealed that the female driver was driving on a suspended license. Officer Hutchinson's investigation also revealed that the male occupant had been drinking beer and was intoxicated. The female driver was arrested for misdemeanor driving while license invalid. The male occupant was arrested for public intoxication.
At about 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Blaise Dillenburg responded to a shoplifter call at a business in the 4300 block of Southwest Drive. APD Dispatch had been notified by a loss prevention employee a female subject had been detained for alleged theft. Officer Dillenburg's investigation revealed that the female subject had selected and concealed merchandise in a bag and left the store without paying for said items. Approximately $100 of stolen property was recovered. The subject was warned not to return to the store. The female subject was arrested for misdemeanor theft.
At about 11:50 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Jeremy Montgomery responded to a theft call at a residence in the 5300 block of North 9th Street. APD Dispatch had been notified that a push-type lawn mower had been taken from his daughter's porch on this day while he was away from the residence. The stolen lawn mower is valued at approximately $200. There are no suspects identified at present. A report for misdemeanor theft was taken.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated