ABILENE, Texas - From Abilene Police spokesman George Spindler:
At about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Damien Hutchinson attempted to contact a motorist for a traffic violation but the driver, who he initially observed and identified as a female driver, sped off at a high rate of speed and turned down an alley. The vehicle was occupied by the driver and one male passenger. Officer Hutchinson had already notified Dispatch of the vehicles description and license plate number. APD Dispatch further relayed that information to Patrol Division officers. The suspect vehicle was located by Officer Hutchinson almost immediately after Dispatch notified all units. Officer Hutchinson contacted the two occupants in an alley in the 3100 block of Ivy Lane. A records check revealed that the female driver was driving on a suspended license. Officer Hutchinson's investigation also revealed that the male occupant had been drinking beer and was intoxicated. The female driver was arrested for misdemeanor driving while license invalid. The male occupant was arrested for public intoxication.
At about 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Blaise Dillenburg responded to a shoplifter call at a business in the 4300 block of Southwest Drive. APD Dispatch had been notified by a loss prevention employee a female subject had been detained for alleged theft. Officer Dillenburg's investigation revealed that the female subject had selected and concealed merchandise in a bag and left the store without paying for said items. Approximately $100 of stolen property was recovered. The subject was warned not to return to the store. The female subject was arrested for misdemeanor theft.
At about 11:50 p.m. Tuesday, Officer Jeremy Montgomery responded to a theft call at a residence in the 5300 block of North 9th Street. APD Dispatch had been notified that a push-type lawn mower had been taken from his daughter's porch on this day while he was away from the residence. The stolen lawn mower is valued at approximately $200. There are no suspects identified at present. A report for misdemeanor theft was taken.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities