ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are looking for a male suspect who allegedly stabbed a 33-year-old woman in the 1400 block of Kirkwood Street about 11:45 a.m. Friday.
The yet-to-be identified suspect is reportedly 51-years-old and was reportedly driving a red truck; however, officers on the scene would not confirm that information.
Officer George Spindler said the victim knows the suspect and called 911 herself to report she had been stabbed.
"We know at this point that the crime was witnessed," Spindler said.
Officers with the criminal investigation division are conducting an aggravated assault investigation. The victim was transported to Hendrick Medical Center via ambulance with multiple stab wounds.
"At this time, it is not believed that she has life-threatening injuries and that the victim is stable at this time," Spindler said. "We hope that we can find the suspect as soon as possible and we're in the process of looking for that suspect now."
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase