ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are looking for a male suspect who allegedly stabbed a 33-year-old woman in the 1400 block of Kirkwood Street about 11:45 a.m. Friday.
The yet-to-be identified suspect is reportedly 51-years-old and was reportedly driving a red truck; however, officers on the scene would not confirm that information.
Officer George Spindler said the victim knows the suspect and called 911 herself to report she had been stabbed.
"We know at this point that the crime was witnessed," Spindler said.
Officers with the criminal investigation division are conducting an aggravated assault investigation. The victim was transported to Hendrick Medical Center via ambulance with multiple stab wounds.
"At this time, it is not believed that she has life-threatening injuries and that the victim is stable at this time," Spindler said. "We hope that we can find the suspect as soon as possible and we're in the process of looking for that suspect now."
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program