ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are looking for a male suspect who allegedly stabbed a 33-year-old woman in the 1400 block of Kirkwood Street about 11:45 a.m. Friday.
The yet-to-be identified suspect is reportedly 51-years-old and was reportedly driving a red truck; however, officers on the scene would not confirm that information.
Officer George Spindler said the victim knows the suspect and called 911 herself to report she had been stabbed.
"We know at this point that the crime was witnessed," Spindler said.
Officers with the criminal investigation division are conducting an aggravated assault investigation. The victim was transported to Hendrick Medical Center via ambulance with multiple stab wounds.
"At this time, it is not believed that she has life-threatening injuries and that the victim is stable at this time," Spindler said. "We hope that we can find the suspect as soon as possible and we're in the process of looking for that suspect now."
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth